Environmental Inspector - Civil Division
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you're curious, here's what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as an Environmental Inspector - Civil Division will:
- Complete routine documented inspections of construction activities on-site for compliance with environmental obligations
- Complete a daily monitoring and inspection reports and provide to the Environmental Manager/Operations team and provide advice and recommendations for improving environmental protection and correcting inefficient practices and/or issues of non-compliance
- Conduct environmental incident prevention plans and environmental incident/response investigations. Provide Environmental Awareness and Orientation Training through on-site orientation, toolbox talks and procedure roll-outs and advise project team members in support of environmental quality standards, objectives, guidelines, policies, procedures and legislation
- Work with operations team to develop an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and ensure implementation training. Facilitate the implementation of environmental controls as per specifications and environmental
- Developing excel tracking sheets for environmental requirements within pursuits or project contracts as well as applicable jurisdictional environmental laws
Is this the right role for you?
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Civil Engineering Technology, or similar discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years of experience in a similar role, preferably with consulting experience in an environmental consulting firm
- Experience working with environmental legislation in various provinces across Canada, and in the US
- Have experience taking environmental samples for several media (Soil, Water, Air, Waste and Designated Substances)
- Thorough understanding of the Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulatory framework. Familiar with Construction Site safety standards, are comfortable wearing required PPE for extended durations and working in diverse weather conditions
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.