Engineering Co-op Student - Fall 2018
EllisDon is a global construction services company that cares about only three things: maximizing the success of our clients, creating terrific opportunities for our employees and demonstrating innovative leadership within our company. We have a sixty year history of building and operating by a unique set of values: mutual trust, entrepreneurialism and execution.
We believe it is through choice that people take advantage of the opportunities at EllisDon. We are a company focused on continuously seeking out opportunities to make a difference, to become stronger and to stay a leader.
EllisDon Corporation has a variety of projects seeking fall students in 2018. Our projects include heritage restoration, new build projects, renovations and building upgrades. Some projects do require students to obtain Reliability or Secret clearance.
To provide the Co-op student with a valuable learning experience and tools to help progress in their program through a work term with EllisDon. The Co-op student will provide support to one (or more) people within their project.
- The work term will span from September 2018 to December 2018
- Selected students will be working in Ottawa, ON, Kingston, ON or Brockville ON
- Reliability or Secret clearance may be required depending on the opportunity
Extensive use of EllisDon’s Project Management software tool to be utilized on all of EllisDon’s sites. This may include the following tasks:
- Maintain/update change notice log
- Update drawings / specifications based on change notices
- Maintain / update site instruction log
- Log receipt of shop drawings
- Issue reviewed shop drawings to subcontractors
- Take progress photographs and Take damage/condition photographs
- Assist Superintendents with drawing reviews and miscellaneous quantity take-offs
- Perform workforce counts
- Prepare change notice summaries for owner/construction manager review
- Assist in general filing
- Order drawing reprints
- Assist field engineers with miscellaneous surveying / layout tasks /quantity surveying/total station
- Assembly of Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Follow-up on deficiency lists.
- Scheduling and co-coordinating subtrades
- General assistance in site supervision.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MUST be enrolled in a College or University co-op or internship program
- Reliability/Secret clearance is preferred
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EllisDon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Some college or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.