Commercial Construction Surveyor
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
You as a Construction Surveyor:
- Perform layout work competently, accurately and efficiently and ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors
- Report accurate quantities for labour cost reports and accurately monitor material ledgers to ensure quantities in estimate are sufficient to complete the project
- Coordinate inspections, inspect falsework and monitor installation of rebar to monitor conformance to structural drawings
- Find solutions to conflicts in structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications and follow-up with consultants and sub-trades to completion
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and three to five years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have a strong working knowledge of surveying techniques, surveying equipment standards and procedures, to be able to work autonomously on the job
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.