Assistant Superintendent (Night Shift)
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
You as an Assistant Superintendent (YVR Core Project) will:
- Assist the Superintendent in managing work on site to ensure the compliance of construction with the drawings and specifications and Monitor work performance to ensure project rules, procedures, and safety requirements are being followed
- Support the Superintendent in planning and implementing schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment and requirements are maintained
- Advise Superintendent and Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems
- Maintain and analyze up-to-date cost reports and submit necessary changes to ensure the project is delivered within budget
- Meet with Owners, Consultants and Architects in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and three to five years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have a working knowledge of scheduling, project management and contract software
- Ability to correctly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes and produce workable solutions
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
â€‹Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.