Assistant Project Manager
For over 30 years, EllisDon Ottawa has the honour of building unique and complex projects spanning from Kingston to Montreal, to Sudbury and the great white north. Our projects include Heritage Restoration; new build P3 projects, DBFM projects, Renovations and Building Upgrades for clients in the public and private sectors; these and new upcoming projects range from $8 million to $400 million in value. At the moment we have over 15 active projects in immediate Ottawa area as well as in Kingston, Petawawa, Cambridge Bay, and Resolute Bay. Given the nature of some of these projects, we require a team of construction professionals with CISD Secret Clearance or at minimum eligibility to receive clearance.
EllisDon's Ottawa Team Members had the opportunity to work on these projects:
- 144 Wellington
- 180 Wellington
- Ottawa Hospital CCA Addition
- Monfort Hospital Redevelopment
- MHLH Pettawawa
- OLRT - MSF
Do you wish you worked on one of these? Well, EllisDon Ottawa has new unique and large scale projects starting in the next few months; do not miss out on another opportunity to work on a legacy project.
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part in building new and exciting projects. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy evaluating and providing solutions for potential problems. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think "I know how that came together".
In the position of Assistant Project Manager, we would ask you to do the following:
- Prepare and analyze financial data ensuring positive cash flow for project
- Provide technical engineering information to employees and subcontractors to ensure project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions
- Assist in plan and specification analysis in order to provide clear, trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction
- Assist in evaluation and solution of potential field problems and report them to the Project Manager
- Understand and perform document control functions, including tracking and creating of RFI's, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements and maintain project expediting list
- Develop, implement and monitor the construction schedule to deliver the project on time and under budget
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and three to five years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Working knowledge of scheduling, project management and contract software
- Ability to support the project team and helping to solve construction issues in time sensitive situations
- Must have PWGSC (CISD) Secret Clearance
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.