Area Accountant - Civil Division
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn't matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
You as a Civil Area Accountant will:
- Act as the subject matter expert in AS400 and EllisDon accounting systems providing required support and assistance to Area staff.
- Provide assistance to Operations and Project Managers in job budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of the financial performance of projects.
- Administer and assure timely and accurate completion of monthly progress billings, receivables, bank deposits, and processing of trade payables.
- Prepare annual reports, review, forecast and flag anomalies for Executives of the Civil area.
- Review Area's monthly financial report. Flag, investigate, resolve any anomalies or escalate as required.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the Area.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Manage and oversee the site accounting staff in your area by providing guidance, advice and direction. Conduct annual performance review, career counseling and leading your team by example.
- Research and respond to queries on job related financial matters.
- Work with joint venture partners on financial oversite and forecasting.
- Assume other special activities and responsibilities under direction of the Sr. Vice President and Controller.
Is this the right role for you?
- Educational and experience requirements include at least four years of accounting experience, the majority of which should have been in a construction related environment.
- Computer literacy with experience in Microsoft Office products and AS400 is essential, with computer technical knowledge an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proactive attitude.
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a team environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, shift priorities throughout the day, and implement tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Must have the ability to build harmonious working relationships with clients, co-workers, senior leaders and the general public.
- The ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must.
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.