Administrative Assistant - Civil Division
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
You as an Administrative Assistant - Civil Division will :
- Support multiple Sr. level managers by coordinating schedules, including arranging travel details and preparing itineraries
- Providing administrative support to the Civil Department that may be required (travel, catering arrangements)
- Assist with event planning including details of invitations, location, distribution of event information and gifts or handouts, updating guest lists annually
- Provide accurate administrative support by composing and editing a variety of documents including highly confidential correspondence, letters, emails, agendas, contracts, proposals, reports and presentations
- Creating and maintaining Sr. level managers calendars and providing necessary reminders, booking meetings and making associated arrangements (catering)
- Maintaining a tracking system/resource chart for staffing, project lists, conference lines and vacations.
- Preparing payment requisitions, ordering supplies, business cards,and updating employee email database
Is this the right role for you?
- You have 5+ years’ experience in supporting senior level managers within a corporate environment
- Overall understanding of the construction industry is considered an asset
- Ability to exercise good judgment by assessing the critical of a situation, making decisions by recognizing scope of authority, and escalating to the appropriate individuals when required. You display a high standard of professionalism and confidentiality in handling sensitive information both internally as well as externally
- You are tech savvy and an expert in Microsoft Office, various Google software.
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.