Accountant, Asset Management
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
You as an Accountant, Asset Management will:
- Assist with the comprehensive financial management of, and accounting for, our special purpose vehicles (SPV) for Public-Private Partnership (P3) projects, each up to several hundred million dollars in scope.
- Coordinate between numerous stakeholders including lenders, legal counsel, consultants, construction contractors, service providers, SPV vendors, and other internal managers.
- Manage payments, receipts and distributions, and assist with full-cycle accounting for the SPVs.
- Prepare monthly HST filing for each SPV.
- Assist with the preparation and assessment of the cash flow projections of each SPV, identify material variances, and ensure ongoing compliance under SPV cash flow curves and project agreements.
Is this the right role for you?
- Educational and experience requirements include a minimum of one year of experience working in an accounting or financial administration role and you may be interested in pursuing a CPA designation.
- You are comfortable working with a high volume of data and are interested in understanding and working with complex spreadsheet formulas.
- You are a well-organized, proactive and detail-oriented individual able to self-manage and work as part of a team in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent communication and analytical skills.
- You possess strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and have experience working with QuickBooks or other accounting software.
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.