Summer Activities Leader
Who You Are
Bold, confident and charismatic, fun-loving with non-stop energy
Love leading, working with and coaching young people
Passionate about cultural exchange and international education
Guide groups of international students through fun, unforgettable, life-changing experiences around Victoria & Vancouver Island. Your mission will be to ensure students have the experience of lifetime and memories that last forever. The only way to achieve this is if you are also having the time of your life!
- Have amazing energy and enthusiasm – you command an audience and are comfortable leading groups of 40+ individuals on your own
- Organize, plan and lead a full schedule of activities, games, sports, field trips and excursions
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Be reliable – you are extremely dependable and true to your word
- Comfortable working with diverse populations including those with limited to no English skills
- Attend weekly Activity Leader briefings
- Knowledge of the Victoria area
- Most importantly, you have a positive attitude, great sense of humor and you are FUN!
- Conduct weekly meetings with groups to communicate information about planned activities
- Responsible for navigating the city, account for specific number of tickets, and other logistical details for the group. Responsible also for mapping out all costs for the trip and excursions, reporting back to the Activities Coordinator.
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned
- Enthusiastic, confident and energetic.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and punctual.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Comfortable leading activities, social events, sports activities and excursions for groups of 40-50 students.
- Maintains a balance between professionalism and fun.
- Authorization to work in Canada
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- CPR/First Aid training not required but a huge plus
- Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Availability during evening/weekend hours
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.