Senior Payroll Administrator
Senior Payroll Administrator
EF Education First
Advance your career at a company where people and innovation are at the core of everything we do. As a Senior Payroll Administrator, you will process payroll for all Canadian EF Education First employees in six EF locations throughout Canada. Core opportunities and responsibilities include the management, coordination & execution of all payroll processing & reporting (bi-weekly and monthly payrolls for hourly & salaried employees, benefits, garnishments, deductions, annual payroll closing and reporting functions, etc).
Who we are
- We’re travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers
- Global - we have a presence in over 100 countries
- We’re open and collaborative - not a cubicle in sight
- Dedicated – we really do “work hard – play hard”
- We believe that international experiences are essential to a 21st century education
Who you are
- You are bold, unconventional and fearless – you’re ready to be the subject matter expert
- An influencer – you help motivate and inspire your team and those around you
- An achiever – you want to make an immediate impact
- A thinker and an executor – you want to find creative ways to help execute the plan
- Performs full cycle payroll functions for our Canadian offices and schools with the highest degree of accuracy
- Maintains payroll processing system and employee records by gathering, inputting and calculating data. Works alongside the HR team toward administration in the system - onboarding, offboarding, changes, exemptions etc.
- Tracks and reconciles all data and payments
- Processes and controls the payments to third parties, ensuring payments are made in accordance with policies/programs, collective agreements within the defined payment due dates. (Canada Revenue Agency, Garnishments, Benefits, RRSP’s).
- Prepares and reviews statutory deductions (CPP, EI and tax) to ensure they are calculated correctly on a monthly basis, and processes adjustment as required to ensure accuracy of T4s and/or T4As. Prepares and performs monthly and annual payroll reporting, filings, T4 preparation, ADP system close etc.
- Controls the computation of pay in accordance with company guidelines and applicable provincial and federal wage laws, reviewing and approving all payroll deductions, validating all payrolls and ensuring all necessary corrections are made. Ensures that payroll practices are compliant with provincial and federal employment laws
- Manages various internal and external payroll and tax audits including but not limited to workers’ compensation, EHT, and other audits as needed
- Partners with the Employee Experience team to create efficiencies in the processes that touch every stage of our employment life cycle, including onboarding, promotions, office and company transfers and terminations
- Completes payrolls reports for record-keeping purpose or managerial review. Prepares records of employment (WEB ROE) for leave/terminated employees on a timely basis as required by law.
- Assists employees and others as needed with payroll-related issues
- Should posses advanced skills in ADP (preferred) or similar payroll/HRMS system
- Strong communication skills
- Sound professional judgment and discretion, maintains a professional demeanor at all times
- At least 4 years of payroll processing experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- University Degree or College Diploma in bookkeeping, accounting or a related subject. Completed PCP /CPA
- At 4 years of payroll experience with knowledge of payroll laws across different provinces (Ontario, British Columbia and Quebec is a must)
- Should possess advanced skills in ADP (preferred) or similar payroll/HRMS system
- Expert knowledge of payroll processes, statutory laws, and Labor provider agreements with the ability to track, maintain and submit all necessary documentation to meet deadlines and requirements
- Experience with preparation, reconciliation and submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external remittances
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things such as:
- Three weeks of vacation in the first year; increases to four weeks the second year
- 20% match on employee contributions to RRSP
- Heavily discounted travel with our products
- Extended benefits package including health and dental coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program, Charity Matching Program & Annual Fitness Allowance
About EF Education First
We’re 46,500 small with over 500 schools and offices in over 50 counties. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities.