Job Duties and Requirements
EF International Language Campuses is seeking a highly motivated and professional Residence Coordinator to work with our year-round and summer student residences in Toronto.
Reporting to the Housing Director, you will oversee the day to day running of the residence, communicate with the residence assistants (RAs), liaise with school staff, sales offices, suppliers, security, and cleaning teams, all in accordance with EF policies and accreditations.
Based at our school in Toronto, you will ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction through seamless arrival and departures of our students and excellent customer service.
The residence is an important accommodation option for EF Toronto's students and requires a flexible approach from a highly motivated and energetic individual. This is an ideal position for an ambitious candidate who is looking to gain experience in the student housing area.
- Daily allocation of accommodation requests ensuring that student requirements are met
- Help with residence intakes
- Ensure proper configuration of residence beds, optimizing capacity
- Brainstorm ideas to fill up residence and implement solutions with Housing Director
- Set-up of summer residences
- Communicate and liaise with all residences (and RA`s)
- Assist students and sales offices with residence requests/changes and ensuring the in house booking system is up-to-date.
- Deal with daily customer queries, ensuring prompt follow up and excellent service
- Ensure school rules and policies are followed; code of conduct respected
Shared EF duties
- Participate in student intakes and first week chats; act as a mentor for students
- Provide support and cover for other members of staff within the school either in accommodation or other departments when required
- Participate in student events which may occasionally take place on evenings and weekends
- Be on-call for emergencies escalated by security/RAs
- Share emergency on-call duty on a rotation basis
- Full-time, 5 days per week, either Sunday to Thursday, Monday to Friday, or Tuesday to Saturday with scheduled weekend work (shifts and days of working may vary during peak periods)
- A University Degree
- Fluent written and oral English (other language skills a plus)
- Customer service orientated, friendly and approachable - has a contagious smile!
- Excellent communicator and relationship-builder with students, colleagues, and external suppliers
- Creative and energetic with lots of common sense
- Enjoy fast-paced environments - every day is different in school operations!
- Ability to handle difficult situations and provide solutions with ease; remain calm and positive under pressure
- Sensitive to needs of international students living away from home
- Highly, organised and thorough with attention to detail
- Self-motivator, able to work autonomously with little supervision
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 540 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities.? Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence