Payroll & HR Administrator
We are looking for a Payroll and HR Administrator with a passion for payroll, and enthusiasm for all aspects of employee relations and employment management. An accurate, timely, and complete payroll is the first priority in this role, but significant time will be put towards employee relations and employment management (such as keeping accurate files, benefit administration, HRIS management and updating, coordination of people & performance management etc.).
Who we are:
- We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and "can get things done". Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
Who you are:
- Strong problem-solver with great organizational skills
- Solid communicator - we work in an international environment with all levels of management
- Meticulous, great attention to detail and the ability to manage your time, tasks, responsibilities and deadlines
- An independent individual, who can also contribute to a team when needed
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess a high level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Knowledgeable of the Canadian Employment Standard Act and payroll legislation
- Excellent technical and computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook a must, ADP's WorkForce Now preferred)
- Preferred Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- At least 2 years of experience in payroll
- Supporting the Senior Payroll Administrator in monthly payroll data entry and processing using ADP's WorkForce Now, ensuring correct payroll information is posted and paid
- Involvement in all personnel transactions: new hire, terminations, changes etc.
- Reviewing hourly employee timesheets for completeness and accuracy
- Assistance in the completion of monthly reporting, ROE's, HRIS and employee personnel file updating
- Maintaining precise and accurate filing for all staff members, inclusive of our HRIS system
- Preparing monthly payroll reports and analysis for management
- Completing reconciliations of payroll related accounts (benefits, union dues, MSP etc.)
- Administering benefits and keeping an up-to-date and accurate staff view in our benefits portal.
- Coordinating employee performance management and reporting
- Other responsibilities as required and assigned
Why you'll love working here:
- Professional Development. $1,500 yearly toward continued education and monthly in office professional development opportunities.
- Benefits. Three weeks paid vacation in your first year, comprehensive health and dental benefits plans, as well as a company matching RSP plan.
- Perks. $500 yearly credit towards fitness, travel discounts and many opportunities to connect with colleagues at company parties and special activities.
A little bit about EF Education First
We're 46,500 small with over 500 schools and offices in over 50 counties. We're teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities-and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out www.eftours.ca to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.