EF International Language Campus in Victoria is seeking a dynamic, organised and customer service minded Housing Manager to lead our Housing Department. The position requires the ability to manage external residences, as well as recruiting and retaining host families in the local area. The Housing Manager works closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The Housing Manager is required to meet the varying needs of our students, host families, and off campus residences, in addition to completing other administrative and school-wide duties.
The successful candidate for this position will report to the School Director and oversee all aspects of student welfare including housing, discipline, and administration for all students in this location. Excellent communication skills are needed to liaise with our sales offices worldwide, motivate the housing team, as well as the confidence to efficiently develop systems to manage a new school and drive improvement.
EF Victoria is part of a global network of language schools around the world. With thousands of students from over 40 different countries studying in our schools, you are joining a truly diverse and multi-cultural environment as well as a team of passionate professionals dedicated to language learning, travel and cultural exchange.
- Work to ensure a high level of customer service to international students, host families and other members of the community where students reside.
- Manage our student residences to ensure the safety and overall satisfaction of our students. Help resolve conflicts and enforce disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Manage a team of Residence Assistants who live at the student residence.
- Effectively maintain and pursue positive relations with outside vendors including management teams of external residences.
- Work directly with foreign office staff (English speaking) to produce quality assurance and problem solve any issues that may arise.
- Efficiently manage day to day administrative tasks.
- Manage host family payments, ensuring payments are made accurately and on time.
- Work directly with students, resident advisors and host families through daily communication to problem solve, manages crises, and help students acclimate to a new environment.
- Collaborate with Housing Department staff to drive results and ensure successful host family recruitment and student placements in host families throughout the community.
- Pursue imaginative and innovative techniques to ensure deadlines are met and the highest quality standard is achieved.
- Be an influential leader and manager to a team: run meetings, develop agendas, drive improvement.
- Position is full-time and will require some weekend work and after hours phone calls at peak times of year.
- Customer Service Minded
- Proven leadership track record
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to meet long and short term goals
- Creative thinker
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to react quickly and make sound decisions.
- Good analytical skills and spatial planning skills
- Dynamic and outgoing person
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel or study abroad experience preferred
- Sales or recruitment experience desirable
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.