Host Family Recruiter
Reporting directly to the Housing Manager, the selected applicant will be responsible for calling potential hosts to help in the recruitment of host families for this year. The role also includes attending host family recruitment events and street actions across Victoria and surrounding area, to promote hosting EF’s international students. Position involves working evenings and weekends.
- Cold calling database
- Participating in EF events, flyering and street action around Victoria and the surrounding area to recruit homestay hosts.
- Following up with inquiries and entering them in the database
- Keeping database up-to-date
- Providing pre-departure accommodation information to homestays about arriving students
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Excellent telephone skills
- Target driven with sales experience
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner, not afraid to speak to strangers and cold-call
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Excellent communicator with external clients such as host families, students, and colleagues
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.