Host Family Recruiter
EF International Language Centres in Vancouver is looking for talented and exceptional individuals to join its team as a Host Family Recruiter. We seek motivated, responsible, dynamic, and community-building individuals to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment. This position requires someone who has a can-do attitude and willingness to be a team player. You will be reporting directly to the Housing Director and assist in all aspects of our host family recruitment process.
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, energetic, positive
- Must be extremely outgoing, willing to interact with a diverse population, and able to strike up a conversation with anyone
- Culturally sensitive and open to learning and sharing culture
- Organized and thorough, creative and resourceful, with a flexible approach at all times
- Able to reprioritize tasks and change pace as needed
- Comfortable taking the lead and working under minimal supervision
- Service minded and quality oriented
- Enjoys working under pressure & able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator able to handle challenging & sensitive situations
- Patient and fair with an open mind
- Sociable, outgoing & confident personality
- Able to maintain a smile in all circumstances
- Follow up on all host family leads.
- Responsible for contacting host families and booking visits within a week of receipt of list from EF.
- Keeping EF informed of status of required visits weekly
- Talks to hosts about what's involved and sets correct expectations for hosting with EF
- Urgently recruit new host family suppliers to grow and improve our existing database and accommodate higher student volumes
- Assists with Host Family recruitment efforts by delivering flyers to specific neighborhoods, running a booth at a local farmer's market, attending a community fair or local parade, passing out brochures at local school events, online marketing and telemarketing, etc.
- Independently visit potential Host Families to approve their application to join our program.
- Flexible schedule to include nights and/or weekends
- Ability to work weekends as needed to staff recruitment tables at community events
About EF Education First
We're 43,500 small. We're teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities-and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.