Group Travel Support Specialist
Group Travel Support Specialist
EF Go Ahead Tours
Are you passionate about travel? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you an effective communicator and team player? If so, you might be the ideal Group Travel Support Specialist for the EF Go Ahead Group Travel Program.
EF Go Ahead is the adult travel division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. The EF Go Ahead Group Sales team partners with group coordinators across North America to assist them in developing travel programs for friends, family, coworkers, community members and organizations.
As a Group Travel Support Specialist , you’ll be part of Go Ahead’s Group Travel Team responsible for growing the business and ensuring a remarkable customer experience.
You will use your keen attention to detail and passion for travel to support travel Groups and Partners with all aspects of their tour. You’ll be responsible for speaking with our travellers and confidently preparing them for their tours, assisting with tour and payment-related questions as well as completing administrative tasks and problem solving. Your role is to quickly and efficiently respond to all customer requests as well as provide proactive, anticipatory service. Without missing a beat, you will be involved with many projects at a time.
Who you are:
- You are comfortable with spending most of your day on the phone and emailing with customers.
- You are customer-focused and team-oriented – you strive to make every interaction an excellent one.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- You are driven and confident enough to take initiative and solve problems independently.
- You are comfortable with data entry requiring speed and accuracy.
- You are passionate about understanding many pieces of a business.
- You want to be part of a great team and are successful working independently as well.
- You love to work furiously in PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe and also enjoy speaking with customers to help problem solve.
- Assist Groups Sales and Service Teams in supporting and managing groups from tour-set up through to departure.
- Understand the needs of our customers and provide strong support for an optimal customer experience.
- Set correct expectations by providing detailed information to travelers to ensure they have a full understanding of each component of the trip prior to their tour.
- Understand the role of other teams within the organization for optimal cross-department communication.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our product, processes, and internal systems.
- Ensure that all service revenue goals are met.
- Post-secondary education and relevant professional experience.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude
- Hard working, reliable, self-motivated, focused and confident
- Desire to provide a beautiful customer experience and support sales for overall growth in each region
Why you’ll love working here:
It’s not just a job – it’s a way of life. In your role, you can expect to:
- Make an impact. Come to work and help change the world every single day, bringing our mission of Opening the World Through Education to life.
- Travel. Expand your worldview with paid international business travel. The more you develop, the more passport stamps you’ll collect.
- Live well. Benefits include a base salary plus bonus potential, three weeks paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two), and a company matching RSP plan.
- Stay healthy. We’re proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan, $500 yearly fitness reimbursement, and various fitness classes and activities.
- Be engaged. We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive professional development, a yearly stipend for continued education, and frequent sales competitions.
- Have fun. Connect with colleagues at company parties or over beer at the beer fridge. Also can’t forget about the free coffee and snacks!
A little bit about EF Education First:
We’re 46,500 small with over 500 schools and offices in over 50 counties. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities.