EF International Language Centre in Vancouver is seeking a Facilities Manager for our fantastic new location in downtown Vancouver. This individual will report to the School Director and perform various tasks to maintain a clean, comfortable, and welcoming environment for our students and our staff. This is a customer service focused position that involves working with both a team and working independently.
The role of Facilities Management is to perform routine tasks and repairs in the areas of, carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC and general utility. The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing the reception area, greeting and welcoming students, ensuring all offices and classrooms are kept and maintained. The Facilities Manager must be flexible and ready to assist in all other departments within the school. This position is an integral role in our school and will assist with different student events and general student welfare developments. Our School Director will guide the right person through the day to day tasks as well as managing larger projects.
- Able to work unsupervised while still supporting colleagues in a team.
- Outgoing & confident personality.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Enjoy working in busy & varied environment.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Able to adjust start time if needed.
- Creative & energetic with lots of common sense.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication & people skills.
- Computer literate & able to create documents in excel.
- Knowledge and experience of general maintenance and repairs.
- Confidence in a young, international and educational environment.
- Highly motivated and proactive working attitude.
About EF Education First
We're 43,500 small. We're teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities-and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.