Bilingual Sourcing & Contracting Manager
EF Educational Tours Canada
March 2021 Start Date
As a Sourcing & Contracting Manager you'll be a key member of the passionate, high-achieving, and fun Product & Operations Team within EF Tours Canada. You will be tasked with building and maintaining relationships with partners across Canada to source travel components for our student travel groups, on budget and at an exceptional level of quality and customer experience.
You'll work with industry partners:
- Managing existing partnerships with partners to success
- Prospecting for new partners to meet the needs of our growing business
- Negotiating contracts that create win-win relationships around capacity, quality, and price
- On-boarding new partners to ensure they understand and are prepared to serve EF's customers
- Monitoring customer feedback on partner quality and intervening when necessary
- Becoming an expert on the student travel industry and crafting strategic and innovative approaches to contracting and relationship management based on that expertise
You'll manage your region's hotel and transportation inventory and allocation strategy:
- Analyzing travel patterns and inventory availability to understand sourcing needs and set goals
- Sharing travel industry knowledge and best practices around negotiation and contracting
- Managing operational budgets
- Strategically utilizing and allocating inventory based on component-specific goals and performance KPIs
- Reporting out with allocation distribution forecasts and quality trends throughout the production year
- Optimizing and implementing workflow processes to reduce production lead time, increase tour personalization, and meet customer needs
- Building long-lasting relationships with key partners that are both mutually beneficial and operationally flexible
- Supporting key partners regarding allocation schedules, customer details, customer feedback for seamless tour production and on-tour execution
You'll work with colleagues across the Product & Operations Team:
- Creating and monitoring inventory allocation strategies to optimize partner relationships and customer experience
- Participating in cross-functional working groups and new initiatives to evolve best practices
- Adding your ideas and expertise to the product development process
This position requires:
- Strong skills in building and maintaining relationships
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Creative problem-solving
- Entrepreneurial spirit and business savvy
- Curiosity and a growth mindset
- Organization and attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and sense of humor
- Working proficiency in English & French
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021.
A little bit about EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs-focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics-turn dreams into international opportunities. When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education.
Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about-we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.