Bilingual Outside Sales Regional Manager, Ottawa-Gatineau-Montreal
Bilingual Outside Sales Regional Manager, Ottawa-Gatineau-Montreal EF Educational Tours Canada
75-80% travel within your assigned territory
The Bilingual Outside Sales Regional Manager will be responsible for developing new business in their assigned territory, ensuring high levels of retention through top-notch customer service, and building strong district-level relationships.
This will be achieved through focusing heavily on high-volume phone sales and aggressive self-lead generation. This person maintains a strong relationship with each educator through consistent and collaborative contact while working closely with the inside sales team and other departments based in Toronto to ensure strong customer service and flawless tour production.
Applicants must be flexible and available to work irregular hours including evenings or weekends as needed. The job also requires approximately 75-80% travel within your assigned territory.
Who we are:
- We’re travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers
- We help teachers and students discover the world
- Open and collaborative - not a cubicle in sight
- We’re global - we have offices and schools in over 50 countries
- Dedicated - we really do believe in “work hard - play hard”
Who you are:
- You’re up for the challenge - you want a career with real responsibility
- You are bold, unconventional and fearless - a true entrepreneurial spirit
- An influencer - a natural networker who loves talking to people
- Excellent, persuasive communication skills (French bilingualism is considered an asset)
- You know you can sell and you’re not afraid to prove it
- You want to be part of a team that motivates and inspires you
- Going above and beyond is the only way you do things
- Develop new business and drive growth in a territory in conjunction with inside sales team, by meeting with and selling educational travel to teachers in their region
- Representing EF at parent and student recruitment meetings as well as seminars and conferences.
- Helping teachers in every facet of planning their tours—from choosing the perfect destination to gaining school board approval to recruiting students.
- Networking to generate new sales opportunities and referrals to keep our industry-leading business at the forefront of international education throughout your territory.
- Meeting with educators to make global educational travel a priority in their schools.
- Organizing appropriate engagement initiatives (Meet and Greets or Conferences) when appropriate.
- Debriefing with inside sales team on face-to-face visits.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of prior sales experience preferred
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
- Bilingual French-English (interviews will be in French)
- Ability to build strong relationships externally and internally
- Immediate ability to execute a prospecting plan with weekly updates to management team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience either working in or selling to the education sector is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental sales methodology
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Driven team player with strong work ethic
Why you’ll love working here:
It’s not just a job – it’s a way of life. In your role, you can expect to:
- Make an impact.Come to work and help change the world every single day, bringing our mission of Opening the World Through Education to life.
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel. The more you develop, the more passport stamps you’ll collect.
- Live well.Benefits include a base salary plus bonus potential, three weeks paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two), and a company matching RSP plan.
- Stay healthy.We’re proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan, $500 yearly fitness reimbursement, and various fitness classes and activities.
- Be engaged.We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive professional development, a yearly stipend for continued education, and frequent sales competitions.
- Have fun.Connect with colleagues at company parties or over beer at the beer fridge. Also can’t forget about the free coffee and snacks!
A little bit about EF Education First:
We’re 46,500 small with over 500 schools and offices in over 50 counties. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out www.eftours.ca to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.