Bilingual Area Manager, Canadian Operations
EF Educational Tours is a leading international private education company offering educational travel tours to teachers. With over 40 years of proven success, the organization facilitates learning by allowing students to experience the world's most captivating historic, cultural and natural wonders firsthand.
EF offers a fun, energetic, and competitive environment that supports and grows its team members through leadership development, training, coaching, mentoring, and travel opportunities. With a progressive business model and a strong vision for continued growth, EF is currently looking for a Bilingual Area Manager to enhance its Canadian Operations division. Learn more at www.ef.com, www.eftours.ca, and www.ef.com/careers.
The Area Manager's role is to produce North American Bus and Flight tours. This entails researching and inspecting new suppliers to ensure they comply with EF's safety and quality standards. Negotiating prices within budgets and issuing contracts to suppliers. Area Managers work 'behind-the-scenes' with suppliers to plan and reserve all components of tour itineraries. The position requires strong organizational and communications skills, attention to detail and creativity.
The Area Manager's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing components and budgets
- Proofing and producing detailed itineraries
- Reserving/reconfirming arrangements with suppliers
- Accounts Payable
- Quality control by monitoring supplier evaluations
- Supplier-related safety requirements
- Product development and improvement
- Approving and processing suppliers' invoices
- Distribution of rooming lists and bus driver itineraries
- Canadian Operations after-hours 'Beeper Duty'
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Able to analyze processes and come up with creative ways of improving them
- Quick learner and a proven problem solver
- Enjoys working with numbers and Microsoft Excel
- Canadian Nationality or required documentation to work in Canada
- Fluency in English and French
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities/processes
- Highly sociable and energetic, positive and with a sense of humor!
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF's mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.edu/careers
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer