Airport Greeters & Guides (Vancouver)
Compensation: $11-13 per hour DOE
Employment type: part-time
We are an international school, open year round and welcome international and French-Canadian students to our city and campus every Sunday. Most of our students arrive at the YVR airport and upon arrival with jetlag and culture shock, it can be confusing without knowing or remembering what their next step is to reach their host family or residence. We believe that first impressions are everything and looking for a suitable candidate who is smiley, approachable and friendly, and who can greet our students upon arrival and show them their next step in their first minutes in Vancouver. This is a great opportunity to work at EF, the world's largest language provider and official language sponsor of the Beijing and Sao Paulo Olympics. This is primarily a weekend position, so it is perfect for university/college students or for any friendly and customer-service oriented person who wants to help give international students the best first impression of Vancouver and Canada.
- greeting students upon arrival at either domestic or international arrival area at YVR
- occasionally, greeting hours may include welcoming new students at our campus or residence downtown
- giving students their welcome package and introducing them to the onsite airport transfer company
- occasionally escorting underage minor students to the departure gate
Our transfer company is located at the airport in the international/domestic terminals too. However they are not wearing our branded jacket/colour and our students are specifically looking for the colour/brand of our school upon arrival. It is important that the moment their eyes see our EF brand and colours, the person wearing the brand is representing it well by smiling and genuinely happy to meet/greet a person from another country! The primary duty includes greeting and introducing them to our contracted transfer company at the airport.
Hours: Year round Sundays part-time (5 to 8 hrs/ Sundays) at YVR airport, and during summer greeting hours may include 4-6 hrs on Saturdays and 4-6 hrs/Mondays on campus
During July-August, there may be additional "Student Activity/Excursion Guiding" hours available for suitable interested candidates. Hours for this position can vary from 20 to 32 hrs/week.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive, approachable with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a star customer service ambassador!
- Secondary conversational level of Spanish, Japanese, French, Chinese, etc would be an asset
Please apply with a resume and brief cover letter.
Candidates will not be considered without references.
We thank all candidates in advance for your application.