We are an international school, open year round and welcome international and French-Canadian students to our city every Sunday. Many of our students arrive at the YVR airport with jetlag and culture shock, it can be confusing without knowing or remembering what their next step is to reach their host family or residence. We believe that first impressions are everything and looking for a suitable candidate who is smiley, approachable and friendly, and who can greet our students upon arrival and show them their next step in their first minutes in Vancouver. This is a great opportunity to work at EF, the world's largest language provider. This is primarily a weekend position, so it is perfect for university/college students or for any friendly and customer-service oriented person who wants to help give international students the best first impression of Vancouver and Canada.
- Greeting students upon arrival at either domestic or international arrival area at YVR
- Occasionally, greeting hours may include welcoming new students at our campus or residence downtown
- Giving students their welcome package and introducing them to the onsite airport transfer company
- Occasionally escorting underage minor students to the departure gate
- It is important that the moment the student's eyes see our EF brand and colours, the person wearing the brand is representing it well by smiling and genuinely happy to meet/greet a person from another country! The primary duty includes greeting and introducing them to our transfer company at the airport.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive, approachable with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to read and access Excel Spreadsheets on your phone
- Secondary conversational level of Spanish, Japanese, French, Chinese, etc. would be an asset
- Be a star customer service ambassador!
Hours: Year round Sundays part-time (5 to 8 hrs/ Sundays) at YVR airport, and during summer greeting hours may include 4-6 hrs on Saturdays and 4-6 hrs/ Mondays on campus
Compensation: $12.65 -13.50 per hour DOE
Employment type: part-time
Please apply with a resume and brief cover letter
Candidates will not be considered without references. We thank all candidates in advance for your application.
About EF Education First
We're 43,500 small. We're teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities-and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.