EF International Language Centres in Vancouver is seeking an Accommodation Coordinator for our fantastic new location in downtown Vancouver. This position supports the Housing Director to recruit and maintain a cohort of host families for our international students. When not recruiting new host families, this entry level position requires working in the accommodation department on campus to support our international students in aspects relating to their accommodation.
All administrative positions at EF International Language Centres require equal competence in interpersonal as well as administrative skills. All administrative staff members are required to guide, support, and counsel our students as well as troubleshoot issues in a friendly and professional manner, as well as with relevant suppliers connected with the center. In addition, all staff including the directors work from their own desks to meet duties and responsibilities relevant to their department and also share a portion of the general student service responsibilities including taking shifts at the reception desk and taking the student emergency phone from time to time.
Accommodation Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Allocates host families in the Host Family Allocation app for confirmed upcoming students
- Allocates residence beds in the Residence Allocation app for confirmed upcoming students
- Assists the Housing Director in recruitment efforts and evaluation of new host families; including visiting potential new host families
- Supports Housing Director with student queries, evaluations and proactively problem solves
- Counsels and supports students dealing with culture shock and generally liaises between students and host families
- Responds to emails from global EF sales coordinators
- Monitors feedback of residences and host families and works with Housing Director (and School Director) to make recommendations
- Maintains the Monthly Newsletter for Host Families
- Updates relevant sections of the School Presentation for global sales staff as well as school, Student Handbook and Pre-Departure manual including pictures and necessary info for future students
- Initiates meetings and socials for students living in the Residences
- Supports maintaining the Arrival List by calling host families in the week prior to arriving students to confirm students' arrival times
General Shared Administrative Responsibilities:
- Assists checking in new students and provides orientation and campus tours
- Conducts face to face evaluations for newly arriving students (larger intakes), inputs evaluation into student file, problem solves any issues and/or assigns student case to relevant team member
- Mentors a group of Academic Year (6, 9 and 11 mo) students; takes intro video, sets up group or mini group event (within set budget)
- Participates and supports as needed in school events, large intakes of new students and graduations and supports generally as required within the team
- Take emergency phone as required**
* Depending on the month and operational requirements of the school and department, duties can shift slightly. Recruitment efforts are prioritized in the spring months leading up to summer. During summer, duties shift more towards student support and counseling within in the accommodation department.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proactive problem solving and conflict resolution abilities
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences
- Flexible and able to reprioritize as needed
- A cheerful and caring personality to liaise with students as well as host families and other relevant student service and accommodation suppliers
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative to meet weekly/monthly goals and as part of a team
- Exceptional organization skills, with a strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Drivers' license and access to a vehicle approx. 30-40 days per year
- Fluency in English and at least conversational fluency in one other language.
About EF Education First
We're 43,500 small. We're teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities-and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.