EF International Language Campus is looking for an experienced leader to assist in managing the academic team at our Vancouver campus. This position includes managing around 20 part-time and full-time teachers, as well as assisting with all functional and logistical aspects of the academic program. EF is the market leader in a growing industry at the crossroads of education and travel. The hallmarks of success in this role are passion, ability to think quickly on your feet and attention to detail.
- Valid Canadian work authorization
- Fluent written/oral English language skills
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CELTA/DELTA/TESL Canada Level 1 TESL and minimum 2 years teaching experience in an adult ESL environment
- Confidence and outstanding written/verbal professional communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability motivate a diverse and experienced teaching team
- Proven track record of implementing creative decisions to solve complex problems
- Extremely flexible – evening and weekend work required at certain times of year
- Goal-oriented and results-driven; accountable to firm deadlines
- Cool under pressure – willing and able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises, comfortable with a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A positive attitude, sense of humor and empathy for others – passionate and fun!
- Ensure academic excellence across all programs at the Vancouver school, with strong implementation of our Efekta learning system
- Advise students regarding classes, programs, schedules and academic goals
- Ensure teacher resources (books, iPads, computers) are maintained and support troubleshooting IT issues when required
- Create and schedule classes to meet student needs, balancing quality and cost-effectiveness
- Recruit and on-board star teachers trained in our Efekta methodology
- Professionally develop and support a high quality teaching team who embody the EF core values; this includes regular classroom observations and training/development sessions
- Manage EF Vancouver Cambridge Program
- Teach for emergency administrative or teaching cover
- Assist calling/scheduling substitute teachers
- Collaborate with other departments to create a positive atmosphere and professional academic learning environment within the school, regularly assisting with school-wide initiatives and events and participating in emergency-phone rotation
- Assist the Academic Director in all aspects of running the academic department
- Other duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the academic department and school
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.