The Academic Coordinator is a full time, salaried position with benefits. It is an excellent junior management opportunity for those who have experience teaching ESL and wish to pursue a career in academic administration. The purpose of this position is to support the Academic Director in the daily academic operations as well as oversee the administrative aspects of our Cambridge program and testing centre.
The candidate should have 2-4 years of ESL teaching with previous experience as a Cambridge exam examiner, administrator or teacher. We are looking for a passionate customer service minded individual who excels in a busy team environment. Being detail oriented and organized are essential.
There are two main responsibilities in this position: supervising the Cambridge program under the general management of the Academic Director as well as assisting the Academic Director in the day to day operations of the academic department.
CAMBRIDGE RELATED DUTIES (approx. 30% of position)
* Overseeing the administrative aspects of the Cambridge Program at EF International Language Campus. The Cambridge program includes three terms per year of 9-12 week preparation weeks, followed by an examination conducted on-site. Overseeing the program includes managing the administrative duties associated with conducting the exam on site three times per year, registering students, maintaining statistics and reports as required, recruiting teachers in conjunction with the Academic Director, organizing Cambridge teacher meetings, scheduling mock examinations, supporting teachers as required, organizing a Cambridge teacher social and student breakfast, and liaising with students and sales offices to field general examination enquiries. These duties may be modified as necessary, and additional duties may be assigned, in order to meet the needs of the Cambridge Program and the academic department.
GENERAL ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION DUTIES (approx. 70% of position)
* Assist during intakes with placement testing, class allocation and student orientation
* Order supplementary text books and maintaining inventory 3 x per year
* Ensure teacher resources (books, iPads, computers) are maintained and support troubleshooting IT issues when required
* Assist with teacher recruitment and training
* Oversee and maintain "English Only" campaigns in the school with teachers and students
* Ensure and support accreditation requirements with respect to student academic records
* Issue warning letters to students for attendance violations in conjunction with both the Academic and School Directors when required
* Assist the Academic Director organizing teacher development (in-house/external)
* Assist observing lessons and giving feedback and support as necessary
* Assist in the preparation of confidential student/ teacher assessments/evaluations.
* Maintain the Academic Noticeboard (both print & online)
* Assist organizing school academic activities (ie. International, Olympic, Field and Sports Days, mentoring)
* Participate in graduation ceremonies and activities
* Print certificates, language assessments and course reports
* Assist in class schedule changes for students
* Assist calling/scheduling substitute teachers for cover
* Teach for emergency administrative or teaching cover
* Take emergency phone (as required in a rota approx 7-8 times per year)
Other duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the academic department and school.
-ESL Teaching experience (adults)
-Proven experience supervising staff
-Proven experience with administration
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment