Academic and Cambridge Supervisor
The Academic & Cambridge Supervisor is a full time, salaried position with benefits. It is an excellent junior management opportunity for those who have experience teaching ESL and wish to pursue a career in academic administration. The purpose of this position is to support the Academic Director in the daily academic operations as well as oversee the administrative aspects of our Cambridge program and testing centre.
The candidate should have 2-4 years of ESL teaching with previous experience as a Cambridge exam examiner, administrator or teacher. We are looking for a passionate customer service minded individual who excels in a busy team environment. Being detail oriented and organized are essential.
There are two main responsibilities in this position: supervising the Cambridge program under the general management of the Academic & School Directors as well as assisting the Academic Director in the day to day operations of the academic department.
CAMBRIDGE RELATED DUTIES (approx. 30% of position)
* Overseeing the administrative aspects of the Cambridge Program at EF International Language Campus. The Cambridge program includes three terms per year of 9-12 week preparation weeks, followed by an examination conducted on-site. Overseeing the program includes managing the administrative duties associated with conducting the exam on site three times per year, registering students, maintaining statistics and reports as required, recruiting teachers in conjunction with the Academic Director, organizing Cambridge teacher meetings, scheduling mock examinations, supporting teachers as required, organizing a Cambridge teacher social and student breakfast, and liaising with students and sales offices to field general examination enquiries. These duties may be modified as necessary, and additional duties may be assigned, in order to meet the needs of the Cambridge Program and the academic department.
GENERAL ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION DUTIES (approx. 70% of position)
* Assist during intakes with placement testing, class allocation and student orientation
* Order supplementary text books and maintaining inventory 3 x per year
* Ensure teacher resources (books, iPads, computers) are maintained and support troubleshooting IT issues when required
* Assist with teacher recruitment and training
* Oversee and maintain "English Only" campaigns in the school with teachers and students
* Ensure and support accreditation requirements with respect to student academic records
* Issue warning letters to students for attendance violations in conjunction with both the Academic and School Directors when required
* Assist the Academic Director organizing teacher development (in-house/external)
* Assist observing lessons and giving feedback and support as necessary
* Assist in the preparation of confidential student/ teacher assessments/evaluations.
* Maintain the Academic Noticeboard (both print & online)
* Assist organizing school academic activities (ie. International, Olympic, Field and Sports Days, mentoring)
* Participate in graduation ceremonies and activities
* Print certificates, language assessments and course reports
* Assist in class schedule changes for students
* Assist calling/scheduling substitute teachers for cover
* Teach for emergency administrative or teaching cover
* Take emergency phone (as required in a rota approx 7-8 times per year)
Other duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the academic department and school.
-ESL Teaching experience (adults)
-Proven experience supervising staff
-Proven experience with administration
About EF Education First
We're 43,500 small. We're teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities-and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.