Door-to-door Environmental Fundraiser - Part time
Are you an environmentally conscious and politically active person? Do you enjoy engaging with people about environmental and social justice issues? Are you comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather, and asking people to donate to a cause you care about? Then you have come to the right place!
We are offering flexible part-time door-to-door fundraising positions that are perfect for students or people seeking extra income. We are looking for candidates who love working outdoors in rain or shine, and understand the importance of fundraising for non-profits.
Rewards of the job:
Working outside with a group of inclusive and like-minded individuals is dynamic and fun! As a part-time job, we do everything we can to accommodate your schedule. The hours of the shifts are set – you just choose the days that work for you. The position also provides a lot of insight into the inner-workings of non-profit organizations and keeps you engaged in the current issues that impact Ontario’s environmental landscape. Earthroots relies on the ongoing efforts of our dedicated canvass team so if you want a job you can feel good about, look no further!
- Gain confidence and great transferable skills like communication, fundraising, and working for a non-profit
- Make good money, especially if you are dedicated and driven
- Get exercise, enjoy the outdoors, and explore the neighbourhoods of Toronto instead of sitting at a desk!
- Do work that feels good - know that you are helping a small, grassroots organization protect Ontario's environment and wildlife!
Overview of the position:
Earthroots is a non-profit environmental grassroots organization dedicated to the protection of Ontario’s wilderness, wildlife and watersheds. Throughout the years we’ve made significant and long term impacts on the protection of Ontario's old-growth forests, wolves, provincial parks and the Greenbelt / Oak Ridges Moraine.
We are seeking creative, reliable and environmentally minded individuals to join our door-to-door fundraising canvass team. The position involves engaging people door-to-door throughout the beautiful neighbourhoods of Toronto to raise awareness about Earthroots’ campaigns, get petitions signed, and to build support through financial contributions.
This is a paid, permanent part-time position. We are looking for candidates who are able to make a minimum 4-month commitment. Canvassers work anywhere from 10 to 30 hours a week in the evenings and/or on weekends, based on the number of shifts they choose to do. All canvassers must work a minimum of 3 shifts a week. Shifts are 4 hours each and run primarily from Monday to Thursday (5:00 PM-9:00 PM) with the opportunity to work additional weekend shifts. The weekend schedule is more flexible. Base pay is $15.50 per hour plus commission - so highly motivated canvassers are compensated well! Current Earthroots canvassers are making an average of $26.90/hour. Unlike some other canvassing jobs, we don't involve any third party recruiters or companies - you will be working directly with our organization!
- Completed or pursuing a post-secondary education in an environmentally-related discipline
- Past experience working or volunteering in the non-profit sector
- Canvassing experience preferred however we will provide full training for the right candidates
- Able to work within a team towards a common goal
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, engaging and out-going
- Able to walk for 4 hours a day, outside in all weather - you have to love walking on hot, sunny days as well as on the rainy ones!
- Able to persevere and deal with rejection - not everyone is as interested in protecting the environment as you are
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, please apply through the following Google Form: https://forms.gle/WPPVLtKM2xi1QZET8
Thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.