Admin & IT Assistant
Come be a part of Desco, recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for the eight consecutive year - earning us the ultimate honor of Platinum Club member status.
As a plumbing and HVAC distributor - wholesaler owned by the Deschenes Group Inc., Desco is currently comprised of 16 locations and 3 showrooms with markets across Ontario.
We are currently looking for an experienced Admin & IT Assistant to join Desco and be part of our dynamic team in Etobicoke, Ontario.
Admin & IT Assistant
The 2 main functions of the role are to assist the A/P Team with vendor reconciliations, cheque processing, mailroom duties, filing, reception relief, etc. and to provide assistance to the IT Technician with ongoing hardware and software support for both mainframe and desktop units.
Accounts Payable / Administration
Work closely with both Senior AP Clerk and AP Clerk to provide support to various Accounts Payable and Administration functions.
- Vendor statement balancing.
- Assist Accounts Payable Clerk with processing of invoices, and support the function in the absence of the Clerk.
- Processing and mailing of cheques.
- Mailroom and courier responsibilities. Distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Filing of processed invoices.
- Provide reception relief as needed.
- Various projects assigned by the Controller.
Work closely with IT Technician to assist with the month-end process, and assist with resolving ongoing technical issues.
- Assist in resolving user technical issues and service desk tickets.
- Assist with the setup of new computers, thin clients, printers, etc.
- Computer / Windows / MS Office support to users.
- Purchasing IT supplies such as photocopy paper, order forms, printer ribbons and toners.
- Assist IT Technician with month-end processing, and ensure follow-up and resolution of issues in the absence of the Technician.
- Creation of User accounts for new employees.
- The position may require the occasional after hours or week-end support as necessary.
- High School diploma. Completion of IT courses would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical / system support.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of applications systems and computing devices.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of AS400, J D Edward or Mincron, PKMS and RF guns would be an asset.
- Customer service oriented, including end-user support experience.
- Excellent analytical, research and problem resolution skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational time management skills. Must be able to prioritize.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and profit sharing program,
- Comprehensive benefits including a Savings Plan,
- Training and Career Development,
- Employee focused programs,
- Stable work environment.