Cyber Security Analyst
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a Cyber Security Analyst who will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining security technologies, analyzing threats and anomalies, conducting penetration testing while working to ensure the external and internal security posture across all systems and infrastructure (clouds, servers, networks). In this role you will also impact the vision, strategy and structure of the Information Security and Technology department to ensure a highly productive and reliable service offering.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Generating and analyzing reports from corporate cyber security technologies including SASE, CASB, NGAV, EDR and SIEM platforms.
- Monitoring the dark web for potential threats and information leakage and utilizing available threat intelligence sources to inform and improve upon attack detection techniques.
- Investigating internal security incidents to both contain and understand the extent of any impact.
- Performing root cause analysis and recommending security improvements to prevent recurrence.
- Exploiting security tools to continuously improve the detection, prevention, and analysis of security incidents while keeping informed about emerging security threats, implementing strategies and making recommendations to enhance the delivery of security services.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of security operations playbooks in support of the Security Incident Response Plan.
- Coordinating and performing both network and application vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Serving as a subject matter expert and seeking to develop deeper expertise in security technologies.
Who You Are:
- A post-secondary graduate preferably in information security, computer science, digital forensics or related field with a strong understanding of IT Security concepts and best practices. Certification is considered an asset; CGIA, OSCP, CWAT are preferred.
- Experienced in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) environment with expertise in incident response, digital forensics and penetration testing, ideally with a background in the identification and investigation of security events.
- Familiar with frameworks such as Cyber Kill Chain and ‘MITRE ATT&CK’.
- Passionate about data analysis and skilled at data visualization, along with an understanding of technical concepts such as IT architecture, cloud technologies, applications, network infrastructure.
- Committed to ongoing training and a desire to learn new skills and continually expand upon knowledge and expertise.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively as a team member, as well as independently.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly.
What We Offer:
A fast-paced environment. Collaboration, innovation and passionate professionals are at our core. We relentlessly pursue what’s next to unlock the full potential of you and us together.
Flexible work environments. As part of our Hybrid work culture, we provide flexible, remote work options to support you in your career, in addition to in-office teamwork and collaboration.
Diversity and inclusion. We recognize the value in our differences and prioritize inclusivity to bring together the best talent to protect the public, advance the profession and enable CPAs to lead business and society forward.
Ongoing learning and career growth. We want your career to skyrocket. We support unlimited career advancement and professional development opportunities with learning investments to promote your future growth. Thrive with us.
Focus on your well-being. With industry leading benefits and wellness programs, including a healthy lifestyle allowance, mental health resources and more, we’re committed to your well-being.
Who We Are:
We protect the public. We advance the profession. We enable CPAs to lead business and society forward. We ensure that our 100,000 members and 21,000 students meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We help them stay ahead of global market trends and abreast of regulatory change. CPAs represent a globally recognized, premium designation. Our Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations in all industries for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, management skills and leadership. We believe that success happens when both business and society benefit. For information on the profession visit: cpaontario.ca.
We Appreciate Your Interest In CPA Ontario And This Position:
At CPA Ontario, we are committed to building high-performance teams. Our selection process is thorough, and all candidate applications are reviewed. Should your qualifications and experience meet the requirements of this role, a member of our recruitment team will contact you. We encourage you to set up CPA Ontario job alerts for positions that align to your experience and career goals.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. A member of the Recruitment team will contact you within 48 hours.