Prevention Development and Training Specialist
Prevention Development and Training Specialist
Full-time Position, 35 Hours Per Week
Covenant House Toronto (CHT) is Canada’s largest agency serving at-risk, homeless and trafficked youth. Our anti-trafficking plan includes measures ranging from prevention to enhanced victim services, and a research and evaluation component. We deliver awareness, education and training programs targeted to students within the GTA and industry sectors most likely to come in contact with sex trafficking victims, such as hotels.
Our Sex Trafficking Prevention Training equips relevant industry staff with the information and skills necessary to increase safety, recognize warning signs and respond accordingly. With the right information and training, industry staff can play a crucial role in preventing, recognizing and reporting incidents of sex trafficking. CHT is looking to expand this program within the hospitality sector as well as to other industry sectors through training presentations and e-learning initiatives. This position will build sector partnerships that will help inform development and provide hands-on training in the GTA.
Covenant House is seeking a self-directed individual with strong group facilitation, networking and business development skills to develop and deliver CHT’s sex trafficking prevention and early intervention training program in the GTA. This position will be responsible for creating awareness and educating industry sectors and employees on the role they can play in combatting sex trafficking by arming them with safe, achievable steps.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop and execute plan to expand program reach, including understanding how sex trafficking prevention training fits into industry HR and CSR mandates and prioritizing new industry sectors to target.
- Steward relationships with existing industry contacts.
- Penetrate networks and build new prospects through cold calls, emails and networking with key industry stakeholders.
- Investigate and identify potential marketing and partnership opportunities with industry associations, organizations and influencers for Marketing and Communications team.
- Facilitate engaging prevention training presentations and workshops with various industry sectors and staff and other relevant audiences while representing CHT mission and values to program participants.
- Support in-school prevention team by facilitating presentations with GTA students.
- Incorporate a variety of presentation methods, instructional techniques and formats to engage diverse audiences and accommodate adult learning styles.
- Manage a flexible 35-hr work week, including early mornings and some evenings/weekends to accommodate presentations.
Content Development and Maintenance
- Contribute to the ongoing development and updating of program content and materials to ensure they are current, relevant, resonate with diverse audiences and align with industry objectives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support the ongoing development, evaluation and execution of the agency’s prevention initiatives, including our online hub and e-learning initiatives.
- Develop and maintain annual training calendar, tracking system and budget and coordinate all bookings and training sessions.
- Administer participant surveys, enter and compile data, prepare reports and share achievements and other relevant information for internal and external audiences.
- Analyze and evaluate effectiveness of training program and identify gaps and opportunities to enhance program content, delivery and audience engagement.
- Keep abreast of industry news, trends, insights and best practices.
- University degree or College diploma
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Minimum of two years of experience in sales, business development and/or adult education and training
- Understanding of training principles, tools and best practices (e-learning experience an asset)
- Knowledge of sex trafficking an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Experience in tourism/hospitality industries or with corporate HR departments an asset
- Ability to move/lift/carry two 50-lb wheeled bags (100 lbs. total) containing Audio-Visual equipment and supplies
- Flexibility to travel daily through Toronto and GTA with regular access to a reliable vehicle and business travel insurance coverage
- Demonstrated ability to network and develop business plans to build program scale
- Strong public speaking, communications and group facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to engage a diverse range of audiences
- Excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-directed, able to work independently and manage and meet deadlines and targets
- Enthusiastic team player and ability to learn quickly
This position reports directly to the Prevention Supervisor in order to maximize our grassroots training in all sectors and will work closely with the Marketing Manager who will support the development of sector needs/tools.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Human Resources, on or before January 4, 2019. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Covenant House recruitment process.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org