Tim Hortons - Supervisor
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
We are looking for a positive and energetic Tim Hortons Supervisor for a busy downtown Toronto college food and beverage operation in Toronto. The Tim Hortons Supervisor is accountable to ensure the successful operation of the all locations. This includes supervision of staff, administration duties, health and safety compliance and financial success of the location. Strong guest service skills and commitment to providing outstanding service is essential. It is the responsibility of the Tim Hortons Supervisor to ensure that the location operates in accordance with all Company & Facility standards, policies and procedures. This position will report directly to the Food Service Manager. Additional duties as outlined by the Food Service Manager may be required when needed.
This is a Full Time Position. The successful candidate will be able to work between Monday and Friday with the hours of variability between 6:30am and 6:00pm. Occasional evenings and weekends are required as necessary.
PREVIOUS TIM HORTONS MANAGAEMENT EXPEREINCE A MUST.
- Responsible for daily administration duties follow-up. These duties include but are not limited to: cash deposits, cashier skims, cashier spot audits, daily & weekly sales reporting, invoicing, transfers, working with internal reporting systems and assisting with financial reporting. Working with each site to ensure data is compiled and corrected is a must.
- Ensure the highest standards of guest experience are maintained
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass' Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are provided to all service areas as required. This includes maximizing associate coverage at all times, performing the role of Floor Supervisor when needed and works as required in various areas during busy periods to maintain optimal guest service levels
- Ensure all menu items and food supplies are available to maintain location consistency
- Communicates with all locations on day to day operations and critical areas of focus
- Assists the FSM in building the locations "bench strength" by identifying and developing high potential associates for progression to the next level
- Assists with establishing and enforcing proper security procedures to reduce associate theft and ensure associate and guest safety
- Assists with training, development and ongoing performance feedback including appraisals and corrective action for associates
- Understands the importance of supporting the FSM and presents a 'unified front' to all associates
- Assist in completing the location's weekly tasks including inventory and maintaining/controlling the cash system as assigned
- From time to time attend functions, training seminars, and meetings as assigned by the FSM
- Additional duties as outlined by the FSM
- PREVIOUS TIM HORTONS MANAGAEMENT EXPEREINCE A MUST.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory / management experience in a Tim Hortons environment
- Post-secondary Business/Hospitality diploma or degree and / or relevant experience
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control product and labour cost
- Ability to multitask and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to learn new systems, programs and terminology
- Ability to work under pressure, produce results, handle numerous tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A detail oriented individual and strong team player
- Strong computer skills using different software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Able to work five shifts per week including evenings and occasional weekends and holidays as required
- Reliable source of transportation outside of public transit
- Positive with a "can do" attitude!
- Experience in a unionized setting
- Advanced Food Safety Certification
- First Aid Certification
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !