Tim Horton's Supervisor - Burnaby
We are Canada's leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
We are looking for a positive and energetic Tim Horton's Supervisor with one of our Divisions - Morrison Healthcare for Burnaby General Hospital.
Morrison Healthcare, a division of Compass Group, focuses on knowing what's important to running a hospital culinary program, which allows our hospital partners to focus on their core competency: patient care. The sole focus of Morrison is feeding patients, visitors and healthcare employees.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Guarantee of Stable Employment.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Benefits Programs.
- Employee Rewards Program.
The Tim Horton's Supervisor is accountable to ensure the successful operation of the unit. This includes supervision of staff, administration duties, health and safety compliance and financial success of the location. Strong guest service skills and commitment to providing outstanding service is essential. It is the responsibility of the Tim Horton's Supervisor to ensure that the location operates in accordance with all Company & Facility standards, policies and procedures.
- Arrange cover for any associates that call in sick.
- Conduct Shift Briefings daily, communicating events and duties and shift goals.
- Complete cashier daily cash reconciliation and Cash & Sales Reports.
- Ensure all fridge and freezer temperatures are recorded accurately.
- Ensuring catering orders are delivered on time.
- Assign and cover breaks.
- Ensuring that staff are performing required job duties at all times and are wearing the appropriate uniform.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas at all times.
- Ensures HACCP standards and quality control procedures are maintained.
- Tim Horton's experience is a must, Tim's University training is preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Proven leadership qualities; ability to direct a diverse, unionized staff.
- Previous supervisory skills and experience
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing work routines and priorities.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication.
- Must have a positive attitude and a genuine desire to serve customers.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic Food Safety certificate is required; Level 2 is preferred.
- Efficient with Computers, including MS Office applications (Excel, Word).
- High energy, shows a sense of urgency.
- Works well under pressure, maintains a pleasant demeanor even under stress.
- Able to lift 25 kg.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. *
- Start date: As Soon As Possible
- Type: Full-time
- Compensation: $19.00 per hour
- Location: Burnaby General Hospital - Burnaby, BC.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.