Patient Food Service Supervisor-Part time-Toronto
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Imagine belonging to a team that delights in the power of healing and bringing out the best in others. Working in the healthcare food industry is amazing, because you can have a positive impact every day-on medical professionals, patients and visitors. This is so much more than a job. This is an opportunity to change lives-one day at a time. Join us.
Why work with Morrison? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. Nutrition is critical in healthcare and healing. That's why we're focused on delivering quality food services to patients, visitors, and hospitals employees. In addition to our culinary programs, we provide laundry, housekeeping, and facilities management.
Now, if you were to come on board as a Food Service Supervisor, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Deliver best results and supervise all aspects of patient food services operations, including purchasing, production, assembly, distribution, and sanitation.
- Direct department activities and maintain highest quality service standards.
- Maintain compliance with industry, company, and legislative standards.
- Develop team and provide performance improvement programs.
- Supervise all phases of operational planning and expenditures, inventory management, procurement budgeting, costing, and financial reporting.
- Coordinate inventory/procurement/purchasing for the patient food services department, ensuring purchased products meet specifications.
- Enhance service coordination and relationship building with other departments and clinical representatives through communication and solid interpersonal skills.
Pay rate - $22
Hours- 5-10 hours a week
Shifts- 1-2 in biweekly period weekdays mostly, must be available at least 2 weekends per month
Location-Toronto Grace Health Centre,650 Church St, Toronto
- Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Supervisor? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you will be successful:
- 3 years institutional experience, complex continuing care preferred, or equivalent
- Capability to motivate, lead and develop staff/
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop direct reports and frontline staff during times of change and shifting priorities
- Membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or the Ontario Society of Nutrition Management
- Food Handlers Certificate and/or Advance FST
- Communicates effectively with colleagues, patients, families and interdisciplinary team
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves problems effectively
- Leads and takes initiative in a stressful environment
- Makes decisions and takes responsibility for those decisions
- Organizes and uses time effectively
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft office
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!