Patient Food Service Supervisor-Part time-Lakeridge Health-Oshawa
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Imagine belonging to a team that delights in the power of healing and bringing out the best in others. Working in the healthcare food industry is amazing, because you can have a positive impact every day-on medical professionals, patients and visitors. This is so much more than a job. This is an opportunity to change lives-one day at a time. Join us.
Why work with Morrison? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. Nutrition is critical in healthcare and healing. That's why we're focused on delivering quality food services to patients, visitors, and hospitals employees. In addition to our culinary programs, we provide laundry, housekeeping, and facilities management.
Now, if you were to come on board as a Food Service Supervisor, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Deliver best results and supervise all aspects of patient food services operations, including purchasing, production, assembly, distribution, and sanitation.
- Direct department activities and maintain highest quality service standards.
- Maintain compliance with industry, company, and legislative standards.
- Develop team and provide performance improvement programs.
- Supervise all phases of operational planning and expenditures, inventory management, procurement budgeting, costing, and financial reporting.
- Coordinate inventory/procurement/purchasing for the patient food services department, ensuring purchased products meet specifications.
- Enhance service coordination and relationship building with other departments and clinical representatives through communication and solid interpersonal skills.
- This is a part time position which typically works on a 12-hour or 4-hour shift basis, with alternating weekends and assists in providing vacation coverage for the full time supervisors
This position might require you to be able to rotate among different Lakeridge sites so we are looking for someone who is comfortable with that.
Pay rate - $24
Hours/ Shift- Variable Minimum 12 hrs. a week)
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Supervisor? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you will be successful:
- At least two years of leadership experience in healthcare food services in a labour environment .
- Current active status as Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM).
- Degree or diploma in: food and nutrition management, business administration, or hotel and restaurant management.
- Proficiency in dietary software CBORD, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), etc.
- Experience in financial management of budgets, contracts, and project costs.
- Current with the latest innovative trends in patient food services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop direct reports and frontline staff during times of change and shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!