Kitchen Supervisor / Sous Chef
Salary range: ($45k to $50k), 3 weeks vacation, RRSP matching plan, excellent healthcare benefits.
Position: Kitchen Supervisor / Sous Chef
Location: Surrey, BC (Elim Village)
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it's right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy-we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Why work with Marquise Hospitality? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We're committed to delivering an exceptional experience within the Senior Living industry. Choose a job that makes a difference in people's lives every day-including your own.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Kitchen Supervisor / Sous Chef , we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Assist the Culinary Director in the unit, taking over the Culinary Directors' duties in his/her absence.
- Assist the Culinary Director with inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning, and issuing supplies and equipment for food production.
- Prepare and supervise the culinary team in preparation of a wide variety of foods in addition to sharing food knowledge with the team.
- Be directly involved in menu planning and development, operation planning, expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options provided.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass' Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
- Make recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas as appropriate.
Think you have what it takes to be our Kitchen Supervisor / Sous Chef ? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Three years of related culinary supervisory experience in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Strong background in banquet and catering functions with high-volume production.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation.
- Basic supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Hard-working team player with ability to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate business needs, may require evening and weekend availability.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !