Compass Group, the world's largest contract foodservice company, has a Great Opportunity for career development and growth as an Internal Auditor. Reporting directly to the Internal Audit Manager, this person will be responsible for supporting all sectors across Ontario. The position will be based in our Mississauga, ON headquarters.
The position will conduct financial, operational, compliance and special audits on the Compass Group Canada businesses to identify risks and controls that may have an impact on the integrity of reported financial information and/or the achievement of business objectives as well as to support in other governance-related activities. The role requires travel, estimated at 50% of the time, within Ontario but can also include other provinces in Canada.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced and ambitious person to develop their skills and knowledge and pursue a career within Internal Audit and/or within the business.
- Prepare for and conduct internal audits at our operating units located in Ontario across all sectors with responsibility over the planning activities, audit execution and delivery of the final audit reports. For each assignment, understand the various risks, processes, controls, IT systems, business performance metrics, operational challenges, and business initiatives.
- Maintain appropriate working papers and evidence to support findings and recommendations.
- Communicate findings and recommendations concisely and clearly to all levels of management both verbally and in writing. Work with local management to develop sound and practical solutions to weaknesses and monitor closely the implementation of agreed action plans.
- Deliver high quality audit reports and present findings with concise, practical recommendations which considers the context in which the business operates.
- Continuously interact and develop strong relationships with management teams to promote open and timely communication.
- Improve the existing internal audit methodology and audit programs to ensure that they adequately address all the key business risks.
- Support other activities including presentations, cost improvement initiatives, strategic analysis, due diligence reviews, etc.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 3+ years' work experience in a finance or internal audit department of a global organization and/or in a CPA firm.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Data analytics software knowledge (i.e. ACL, IDEA) a plus.
- Knowledge of the French language (verbal and/or written) would be considered an asset.
- For local travel, must have access to vehicle and valid driver's license.
Skills and capabilities:
- Ability to lead and to work independently, a self-starter, creative thinker with high professional standards and integrity.
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills.
- Risk aware and capable of quickly identifying problems / situations which require attention as well as the business requirements.
- Strong communication skills and ability to function effectively in teams, one-on-one situations, and audit presentations.
- Effective writing, presentation and listening skills.
- Ability to thrive in a very busy and complex work environment with changing priorities.
- Adapt to schedule changes and able to reprioritize tasks when such circumstances arise and consistently meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, well-organized and a team player.