Housekeeping Supervisor - Healthcare - afternoon shift
Compass Group Canada is the country's leading foodservice and support services provider with over 25,000 associates working in more than 2,200 location throughout the country. The company specializes in providing foodservices and support services across the core sectors including leading sports and leisure venues, executive dining rooms and cafes, schools, universities, seniors' residences and hospitals as well as remote camps and off shore oil rigs.
This position is Monday to Friday, AFTERNOON SHIFT
We believe that we can support patient healing by providing nourishing choices in a clean, safe and caring environment. When you work with us you are part of something bigger, something that touches a Patient's life, puts a smile on their face, and gives them comfort. Our employees go home every day knowing they truly make a difference.
Imagine working in a place where people approach each day with passion and purpose. As a leader in healthcare services, we believe that you can make a big difference just by finding little ways to show people you care. Become part of our team and know your contributions are vital to bettering lives. Join us.
Why work with Crothall Services? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We specialize in healthcare and housekeeping. We provide laundry and linen, facilities engineering, patient transportation, and asset energy management.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Housekeeping Supervisors, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Lead and direct a team of housekeeping services employees to provide exceptional services to our customers and clients
- Coach and train employees and ensure training compliance is maintained
- Facilitate and lead general employee meetings and shift-huddles
- Participate in the employee performance management processes, including recruiting, coaching, documenting, and formal performance management, in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreements and organizational policies
- Provide excellent customer service by receiving and following-up with inquires and service requests, with a continuous quality improvement approach
- Work with all levels of facility staff to successfully coordinate and support all relevant housekeeping activities in a healthcare environment
- Ensure a high level of cleanliness in this facility is achieved through efficient management of employees, supplies, equipment and strategies
- Monitor and ensure quality assurance through established Quality Assurance programs by conducting quality audits and providing feedback to staff
- Maintaining a safe work environment at all times in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and Infection Control Standards
- Collaborate in the development of, and maintain, standard operating procedures
- Manage all aspects of staff scheduling and payroll, including: generating the master schedule, calling in replacement staff as needed, creating daily sign-in sheets, and updating the electronic payroll system
- Assign and monitor employee workload to support daily operations and service delivery
- Maintain operational budgets through managing within an approved budget, identify variances and implement cost-recovery plans as needed
- Perform administrative duties including communication reports and development of forms
- Other duties as assigned
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Housekeeping Supervisors ? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- One year of experience as a Supervisor in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required (ideally in a healthcare environment); and post-secondary education in a related field
- Certification with the Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers Association (OHHA) or Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM) is an asset
- Occupational Health & Safety certification an asset
- Experience with continuous quality improvement framework and improving operational processes
- Experience with project management framework
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a unionized setting and sound labour relations skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Knowledge of Public Health Ontario Best Practices for Environmental Cleaning for Prevention and Control of Infections, and healthcare Infection Prevention and Control practices required
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, and Employment Standards Act required
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel