Housekeeping Associates - Lions Gate Hospital
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group Canada, focuses on providing Environmental Services and Call centre operations in the healthcare industry.
We are currently hiring for highly motivated and enthusiastic Housekeeping Associates to perform all aspects of housekeeping services at our various Hospitals and Residential Care Homes.
Hiring Locations: Lions Gate Hospital # 69375
Pay Rate: $16.62 per hour ($15.37 per hour during probationary period)
Date Posted: February 1, 2019
Type/Status: Full time - 36.25 hours per week
Shifts: Sunday to Thursday 11:00am - 6:45pm
Days Off: Friday and Saturday
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Cleaning and maintaining all common areas such as floors, stairs, carpets by performing tasks such as sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, dry/wet mopping, auto scrubbing and floor refinishing including stripping, sealing, waxing and polishing
- Cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining all patient contact items
- Clean and disinfect areas and items such as surgical procedure areas, washrooms, operating room tables, stretchers, vents, interior windows, walls, glass, doors and mirrors
- Pick up soiled linen from units and transports to designated collection area
- Remove/Strip dirty linens from the beds, collects clean linen and makes beds according to instructions of area
- Keeping current on training and education (WHMIS, Infection Control, housekeeping practices)
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in healthcare, hotel or commercial cleaning is an asset
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job, including able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
NOTE : **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Proof of Immunizations and Tuberculosis Screen Testing Results are conditions of employment. **
***When applying please reference hiring location of interest in your application**
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Preference will be given to internal applicants, however external applicants are encouraged to apply as they will also be considered, as well as added to list of shortlisted candidates. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !