Housekeeping Aide-Full Time - Temporary-Richmond Hill
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are currently hiring for a full time temporary Housekeeping aides at our long term care facility - Langstaff Square Care Community in Richmond Hill.
Shifts: Monday to Saturday ( 6 hours shift)
Payrate- $14/ hr ( After Probation -$14.55)
Note- This position is temporary full time for upto 2 months
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
The Housekeeping Associate will be responsible for key cleaning duties throughout the long term care home such as disinfecting, damp dusting, dry and wet mopping, floor maintenance and finishing, cleaning of washrooms, walls, vents, patient rooms including beds, furniture and soiled linen, regular and biomedical waste collection. This position requires a positive, 'can do' attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding and patient centric customer service oriented environment.
The Housekeeping Associate will be responsible for all or some the following duties within the home:
- Cleaning and maintaining all common areas such as floors, stairs, carpets by performing tasks such as sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, dry/wet mopping, auto scrubbing
- Cleaning, washing and maintaining all patient all patient contact items
- Collecting waste and emptying garbage containers
- Keeping current on training and education (WHMIS, Infection Control, housekeeping practices).
- High School Diploma
- Flexible availability
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment or Long Term Care setting preferred
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to read, write and speak the English language
- Able to communicate effectively with managers, other employees and residents
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Physically able to carry out duties of the position
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check and TB test.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!