Housekeepers - Cottage-Worthington Pavilion
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us-the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world.
Marquise Hospitality , a division of Compass Group, provides food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
What's in it for you?
- Recognized as "2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality."
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and awards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks -amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
We are currently looking for three Housekeepers (1 permanent part-time and 2 casuals.) This is an excellent position with room for advancement.
Start date: ASAP
Compensation: $16.40 on completion of probationary period
- Permanent Part-Time: Fridays & Saturdays (8:00 am to 4:00 pm) and Sundays & Mondays (7:00 am to 3:00 pm.) A total of 30 hours per week.
- Casual: Undetermined.
As one of our Housekeepers , you will be responsible for:
- Dust all ledges, moldings, windowsills and horizontal surfaces in resident's rooms.
- Wipe down counters, sinks, toilets & cupboards in bathroom areas.
- Sanitize toilets, sink handles and door knobs.
- Remove all garbage from resident rooms and common areas.
- Damp mop hard floors and auto scrub as needed.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and complete carpet extraction as needed.
- Clean office areas and common areas.
- Check all main areas, lobbies, stairwells, elevators/escalators and mezzanines and clean as required.
- Respond to emergency cleanups as required.
- Assist with laundering of patient linens.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs).
- Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines.
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately.
What we looking for?
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring . If you're an individual who lives the promise of "warm and caring experience that starts with ME," then we want YOU!
- High School Diploma.
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset.
- At least 1 yr. experience as a housekeeper would be ideal.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to communicate with managers, other employees and residents.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to stand on feet for long period of times.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!