Housekeeper (casual) - Gorge Road Hospital
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group Canada is currently hiring for a Casual Housekeeper at the Gorge Road Hospital in Victoria, BC. Shifts are scheduled based on operational needs and require to work both weekdays and weekend. Start Date: Open until filled
To maintain and clean offices and kitchen.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Cleaning of common areas in specified buildings
- Damp mop hard floors and auto scrub as needed.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and complete carpet extraction as needed
- Wet mop any spills or high traffic areas
- Remove all garbage and recycling
- Empty garbage containers on a regular basis
- Monitor washrooms to ensure they are clean and well stocked with supplies
- Place trash in the trash compactor
- Store in coming supplies in the storage
- Assist with catering set-ups
- Responsible for equipment and building closing at the end of shift
- Respond to emergency cleanups as required
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident/patient and personnel information
- Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs)
- Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately
- Other reasonable requests from management
$15.15 per hour
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment or Long Term Care setting preferred
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to read, write and speak the English language
- Able to communicate with managers, other employees and residents
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- WHMIS & BSW certification an asset
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check & TB test.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !