Imagine creating a place where tomorrow's leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today's students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation including: budgeting, financial management and weekly analysis, implementation and ongoing success of retail and marketing programs, catering services, and branded concepts. This position reports to the Regional Director of Operations and has a team of Managers and unionized employees. The General Manager must be prepared to work week days and sometimes evenings and weekends.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our General Managers, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage client relations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Staff management.
- Menu planning and merchandising.
- Compliance with strict quality assurance, health, safety and environmental programs.
Think you have what it takes to be our General Manager? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Post-secondary education with at least 5 years of foodservice or related management experience in an equivalent, branded retail food service environment; multi-unit management experience is a must.
- Advanced Food Service Training (AFST) plus Level 1 and 2 Health and Safety Certification training (or will to complete within 90 days of hire).
- Strong experience in dealing with labour relations issues.
- Proven financial management skills, including ability to control product and labour costs on a weekly basis.
- Strong catering experience, including demonstrated experience hosting large events.
- Experience working with branded concepts i.e. Tim Hortons, Pizza Pizza, etc.
- Strong management skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills.
- Highly organized individual.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and any POS System is an asset.
- English Only