At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us-the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We're growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation including budgeting, financial management and weekly analysis, implementation and ongoing success of marketing programs, and branded concepts.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our General Managers, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage client relations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage staff (both unionized and non-unionized).
- Ensure compliance with strict quality assurance, health, safety and environmental programs.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our General Managers ? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Post-secondary education with at least 5 years of foodservice or related management experience; multi-unit management experience is a must.
- Strong experience dealing with labour relations issues.
- Proven financial management skills, including ability to control product and labour costs on a weekly basis.
- Strong management and organizational skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Experience managing unionized employees.
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
We are loooking for a senior operations leader / general manager with significant experience managing unionized employees, with a track record of performance management. A strong people manager who can successfully motivate and lead others.