General Manager - Food Services Healthcare/LTC
Compass Group Canada is the country's leading foodservice and support services provider with over 25,000 associates working in more than 2,200 location throughout the country. The company specializes in providing foodservices and support services across the core sectors including leading sports and leisure venues, executive dining rooms and cafes, schools, universities, seniors' residences and hospitals as well as remote camps and off shore oil rigs.
Imagine belonging to a team that delights in the power of healing and bringing out the best in others. Working in the healthcare food industry is amazing, because you can have a positive impact every day-on medical professionals, patients and visitors. This is so much more than a job. This is an opportunity to change lives-one day at a time.
We are currently seeking a General Manager, Food Services for our Healthcare support services and some food service operations within Thunder Bay. The successful candidate will oversee multiple units;1 complex care site, 2 Senior Living sites and focus on Quality Assurance, Client Relations, overall Strategic Planning and Sales Growth.
This General Manager will be responsible for $10 Million in managed volume. There are multiple sites including; 1 complex care site, 2 Senior Living sites, cost plus retail and some catering.
Now, if you were to come on board as a General Manager, Food Services, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Responsible for excellent client relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction that promote and support account retention
- Responsible for delivering and cultivating exceptional quality and innovative solutions for our clients
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to unit operations to ensure operations are in compliance with client directive, and company standards while developing future standards
- Work with managers in establishing priorities and quality assurance best practices, through the establishment of standards, training, operational procedures and audits tools
- Conduct regular visits to client locations to observe and review operations
- Evaluate, create and/or manage company training and development programs for cost effectiveness and learning value, ensuring programs are current and modifying as necessary
- Conduct training needs analysis, recommending and initiating improvements to existing training program
- Support on-site management personnel in the implementation of programs and support training to staff, supervisors and management
- Support new business activities in sales including financial analysis, operational reviews, presentations, preparation of formal reports and proposals
- Drive the implementation of company technical programs, tools and systems and champion innovation and best practices
- Become a market specialist and integral in talent acquisition, oversee technical orientation, professional development, industry networking and promote professionalism and ethical best practices
- Provide account-based management support during critical and extraordinary situations and work collaboratively with other technical and program leaders to achieve greater impact of corporate resource teams
Think you have what it takes to be our General Manager, Food Services? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- 5+ years of management and multi-unit experience in Food Services
- Previous experience in Healthcare and/or Long-Term Care Food Service Management required
- CSNM certification required
- Post-secondary education in Food and Nutrition
- Proven track record of positive client relationship building
- Forward thinker who stays abreast of industry trends, enabling anticipation and delivery of the future needs of your clients
- Passionate and results oriented with a demonstrated record of success and excellent work ethic
- Strong business acumen, creative entrepreneurial mindset and proven financial performance
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and teams
- Previous experience in growth and development of management team and front line associates
- Extensive knowledge of individual learning needs, instructional techniques and integrated methods of evaluation
- Solid financial analysis experience with a track record of delivering on bottom-line improvement
- Superior organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as mobile office tools
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel over-night as required (Minimal)
- Demonstrated success managing a unionized workforce and strong labour relations experience is an asset