General Labourer - Full time - Steamplicity Cuisine Centre
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise is a member of Compass Group Canada, the country's leading foodservice and support Services Company. Marquise specializes in providing integrated facilities management and customer services to shopping centres, airports, office towers, large commercial buildings, and colleges as well as food and support services to healthcare and senior living facilities.
Our division Steamplicity Cuisine Centre is hiring for full time General Labourer to join their Mississauga, ON location.
Location: 405 Britannia Rd. East #15, Mississauga
Shift type: Full time (Mon-Fri)
Shift timings: 6:00 am to 2:00pm
- Demonstrates ability to understand, read and write English.
- Displays excellent communication skills including a polite, tactful manner.
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to departmental and legislated QA and Health and Safety Compass standards.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
- Proper sanitation techniques are followed
- Work areas are clean and free of spills.
- Performs cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested.
- Performs other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- High School diploma
- Food industry/ food handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ability to work straight morning shift.
- Special Requirement or certifications
- Preferred past work experience in food industry
Lifting & Carrying:
- Physical requirements of position/ Exposure to the following conditions
- Frequent lifting, repetitive movement, pushing and carrying of supplies and carts. (Maximum lifting 45 lb.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage time (Time management essential).
- Frequent standing for long periods of time.
- Work is required in a cold environment of 4 ºC or in a hot environment in the dish room.
- Work will be performed in cold environment.
- Product may need to be obtained from fridge that is at 4ºC or lower or the freezer that is at -18 ºC.
- Equipment utilized: food carts, serving utensils, food preparation equipment.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !