Full time day cleaner
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality specializes in providing dining, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and front desk reception services within Retirementand Long Term Care communities across Canada. We understand that seniorliving residences are vibrant communities. Our employees create a hospitality-style, 'resident first experience' culture, where service excellence is paramount and our mission is to enrich the lives of the residents we serve. Our expertise is offering programs appropriate to each residential community, continually demonstrating our commitment to wellness and providing residents, their families and clients with as much choice in our services and offerings as possible.
Full time 7.5 hours daily Monday to Friday
$14.50 hourly with benefits
$14.80 without benefits
A light duty cleaner is generally responsible for cleaning tasks in designated areas of a building, including dusting, dust mopping, cleaning washroom fixtures, spot cleaning, emptying and cleaning ashtrays and emptying and cleaning waste receptacles and vacuuming of carpets.
- Dust all office furniture
- Empties and cleans waste paper baskets
- Collects coffee cups and leaves them in a designated area
- Spot cleans walls, partitions, light switches and doors, window sills
- Cleans and polishes chrome and other polished metal surfaces
- Cleans partition glass that is within arms reach
- Cleans and disinfects washroom fixtures using mild chemicals
- Dusts baseboards and low air vents
- Vacuums cloth furniture at established frequencies
- Dust mops all office hard floor surfaces and/or vacuums all carpeted areas at established frequencies.
- Removes full garbage bags from cleaner's cart and places them in designated area for transport to garbage bin or compactor.
- Damp mops small area hard surface floors
- Restocks single unit dispensers containing soap, towels, toilet tissue and sanitary napkins.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Possible Responsibilities
- Polishes wooden furniture at established frequencies, dust or wipe offices as requested.
- Washes metal and painted surfaces of filing cabinets at established frequencies or on an as requested basis
- Disinfects telephones at established frequencies or on an as requested basis.
- Responsibilities may vary depending on the work site location
- Attend all required health & safety training
- Follow safe work instructions and assists in prevention
- Complies with H&S regulations and company policies
- Does not operate any equipment without prior training
- Use all required PPE where indicated
- Reports any unsafe conditions, hazards and all workplace injuries
- Participates in the early and safe return to work process as per our RTW policy
- Previous Cleaning experience
- Can do attitude
- References will be required
**Resumes can also be submitted via fax:1-866-272-9632. Please quote Job title & location in your application.**
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !