Food Service Workers
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group Canada, the country's leading foodservice and support services company. Eurest specializes in providing integrated facilities management and customer services to shopping centres, airports, office towers, large commercial buildings, and colleges as well as food and support services to healthcare and senior living facilities. Eurest footprint in the market has expanded to provide services which encompass over 35 million square feet under Marquise's direct control in over 200 sites across Western Canada. Our mission is to provide service excellence to our clients and their customers.
We are currently hiring for Food Service Workers to work in the Retail Food Services operations at Ontario Power Generation in Darlington, Ont. This position is responsible for all aspects of food preparation and customer service while following portion control and quality assurance standards. This position requires a positive, 'can do' attitude and the ability to work in a unionized, fast paced, physically demanding environment.
The successful candidate must be available between the hours of 5.30am to 2:00am, Saturday- Friday and holidays.
Retail Food Service Associates will be responsible for the following aspects of the customer service experience:
- Receiving and stocking food, supplies, and inventory.
- Serve customers quickly and courteously using proper service techniques and portioning
- Required to be charging customers properly for orders through the cash register and following proper cash handling techniques according to company guidelines.
- Assist anywhere as assigned.
- Ensures that all food handling practices and systems comply with industry-regulated food safety standards and that food safety is treated as a priority in all activities.
- Washing dishes and post meal prep clean up.
- Light Grill/line cooking for breakfast and lunch as required
- Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner to all levels any problems, progress and changes in policies and procedures.
- Promotes and maintains the Quality Assurance Health and Safety Program Qualifications and Logs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to clear a criminal records check
- Detail oriented; strong organizational skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good customer service orientation with previously demonstrated customer service experience.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent problem solving and basic math skills.
- 2-3 years experience in the food service industry.
- Must have Current Food Safety Level 1 Certification
- Must have Valid G drivers license
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !