Food Service Manager
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow's leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job. Become our next Food Service Manager!
The Food Service Manager reports to the District Manager and has many direct reports. Our operations run seven days a week. This role is accountable to ensure proper staffing and scheduling in order to cover the operational hours. The Food Service Manager is required to work some weekends and occasional evenings for business needs, such as college functions and events, as well as shortage of staff.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today's students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Food Service Managers, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- Implement different retail and marketing programs in the operation which includes internal brand and branded concepts programs.
- Be accountable for menu planning, staffing, scheduling, client and customer relationship building.
- Ensure strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Manager? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Post-secondary education plus a minimum of three years’ related management experience in an equivalent, branded retail foodservice setting with strong front of house retail skills.
- Strong experience in dealing with labour relations issues.
- Proven financial management skills including the ability to control product and labour costs on a weekly basis.
- Experience with food service catering.
- Experience working with branded concepts i.e. Tim Hortons, Extreme Pita, Pizza Pizza, Freshens Smoothies, Coyote Jacks and Upper Crust etc.
- Strong supervisory skills and the capability to motivate, lead and develop staff.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Manager’s Workbench Operating System and Maitre’d POS System an asset.
- You would be a preferred candidate if you have experience working in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR); and you have the creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
- English Only