Food Service Director
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow's leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today's students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
The Food Service Director is responsible to manage day-to-day operations for a single unit, including ensuring that work is completed, scheduling staff, controlling costs, resolving issues or complaints, and managing people.
Now, if you were to come on board as a Food Service Director, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit by delegating work and providing direction to staff, in order to ensure that all tasks are completed to deliver services and production at the expected level
- Coordinate scheduling of unit staff to ensure there is adequate coverage to deliver against expectations
- Manage costs to stay within unit budget
- Resolve requests, complaints, and concerns
- Monitor unit's compliance with Quality Assurance and Health & Safety policies, and initiate corrective action as required
- Manage, coach, and develop unit staff to achieve unit and team goals
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Director? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- College diploma in hospitality or food service or equivalent experience
- 2 years' relevant experience within food service or hospitality industry
- Past experience with managing, supervising, coaching and developing others
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Basic financial and budgeting skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational, time management and leadership skills