Environmental Services Manager - Maintenance - 54k
Compass Group Canada is the country's leading foodservice and support services provider with over 25,000 associates working in more than 2,200 location throughout the country. The company specializes in providing foodservices and support services across the core sectors including leading sports and leisure venues, executive dining rooms and cafes, schools, universities, seniors' residences and hospitals as well as remote camps and off shore oil rigs.
Reporting to a District Manager, the Environmental Services Manager will work closely with housekeeping and laundry staff to continually improve their work performance. The Manager will assess, implement, monitor and continually improve training, education, quality assurance, and health and safety tools for all environmental services staff.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Environmenatal Services Manager, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Implement and conduct training sessions and coordinate an annual training calendar at site for all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Complete a monthly summary of the completed Compass Quality Assurance Program and submit to the District Manager, Unit Manager, Regional Director, Unit Manager and client.
- Conduct weekly quality assurance audits in housekeeping and laundry and follow-up with the staff, including keeping the manager involved as needed.
- Review job routines, programs and systems for housekeeping and laundry to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure the Compass Health and Safety program is in place, including trained first aiders, an active OH& S committee, H&S training and audits.
- Active participation in the Health and Safety Committee for the facility.
- Ensure all Marquise staff is appropriately trained in and follow infection control programs.
- Complete accident investigation forms and recommend ERTW programs for housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Attend client meetings as applicable to the areas in housekeeping and laundry.
- Interact with suppliers and vendors as it relates to housekeeping and laundry services.
- Recruit, hire, performance manage and discipline all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Participate in the budgeting process and the ongoing financial management of the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Ensure all Compass HR programs are in place and complete for housekeeping and laundry staff, including CHAT, Be-A-Star, HERO, Weekly Safety Minders, etc.
- Recommend equipment and supplies needed for housekeeping and laundry operations.
- Conduct hands-on daily maintenance (physical building maintenance required for this role-including floor care/cleaning and some snow blowing during winter).
- Act as the main liaison with the Environmental Public Health officer and other regulatory bodies, as applicable as it relates to environmental services.
- Participate in the completion of the Balanced Scorecard for the unit.
- Meet and check-in with the client on a regular basis and attend meetings as requested.
- Take the lead and coordinate schedules for environmental special projects.
- Must have at minimum Post-secondary education
- Minimum 2 years of management experience in healthcare, facilities, environmental services or related.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Windows.